Wednesday 7 August 2013

Diesel's Loverdose Review


Perfume is probably my favourite beauty item to buy. It's nice to splurge on something for yourself every once in a while, and when I do, perfume is usually at the top of my list. My most recent perfume splurge was on Loverdose by Diesel. I actually have a long history with this perfume. It was released inn 2011, and I received a sample of it from Sephora. I was instantly obsessed with the scent, and could not wait to purchase it! As much as I loved it, I somehow always talked myself out of buying it, and to spend my money on something else. I kept the sample so I wouldn't forget about the scent.

Two years from the release of this perfume I still have the sample. A few days ago I saw online that a local store had the 30 mL size of Loverdose on sale. I literally screamed! I was at the store before it even opened on the day of the sale, and finally purchased the perfume I have been obsessed with the last 2 years.



1. Notes
Loverdose has a vanilla base, with citrus-like top notes. It also includes liquorice, and anise.
The vanilla is very strong in this perfume, but balances well with the other notes. 

Personally, I think Loverdose is more appropriate for night time, because it has a heavier scent. 

2. Lasting Power
I find that this particular perfume lasts throughout the day. I applied it at 8 in the morning, and I was still able to smell it on my skin at 9 at night.

3. The Bottle
I am in love with the bottle! When I first received the same of Loverdose, I was drawn to the scent, but after I saw the bottle I was sold! The bottle is a heart shape, with an arrow going through it. It bottle also sits on it's side, which is a nice change from most perfumes on the market.


I am 100% happy with my purchase and would recommend this product to anyone! What's your favourite perfume? Comment below, and let me know!

- Amy

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this perfume, but it sounds right up my alley! I'll have to look for it next time I am out. Thanks for sharing :)

    erinbulger.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed with the wear time! I love the packaging as well :)


    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete