Friday 28 June 2013

June 2013 Beauty Favourites


June is the month when summer officially begins. I find that the summer months cater more to fashion rather than beauty. The hot weather and humidity allows us to break out those high waisted shorts and crop tops we have been lusting over since the winter, but along with that we get frizzy hair, sunburns, and makeup that melts off our faces! My beauty favourites from the month of June are mainly focused on combatting those issues every girl has to deal with during those hot summer months. 

1. Smashbox Brow Tech 
During the summer, I rarely wear a lot of eye makeup. I usually stick to just mascara and eyeliner but in some cases those are just not enough! Filling in and shaping your eyebrows really defines your eyes and makes them pop. Adding this step to your makeup routine takes minimal time, but has a huge impact! I am obsessed with the Smashbox Brow Tech. It comes with two different powders, one for filling in, and one for shaping, as well as a wax. The wax is awesome for the summer time because it keeps my brows in shape whether I am working out, or going swimming. The best thing about this product is that it looks natural. I am not a huge fan of sharp or pencilled in eyebrows, so this product makes me look like I was born with flawless brows! 

2. Clinique Super City Block 
Sunscreen is an absolute must during the hot summer months. Not only does it prevent burns, it also prevents wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, and more importantly, skin cancer. This suncreen is oil-free so it won't clog your pores, and very light so it is comfortable to apply under makeup. The particular Super City Block that I use is in SPF 40, but it comes in lower SPFs as well. I have been using this product on my face every single day, and I also keep it in my bag for touchups during the day. My favourite thing about this sunscreen is that it is tinted. It blends extremely well into my skin, and leaves no white residue. 

3. Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm
I am a huge fan of hybrid products, and this one is my absolute fave. This lip product combines the benefits of lip balm and lip gloss. It is moisturizing and long lasting, while also providing great colour, and shine. I love these for the summer because they aren't sticky, and provide a nice pop of colour. The best thing about the glossblam is that the colour is buildable. The more coats you add, the more intense the colour gets, but it never feels too heavy or too sticky. I have been wearing a coral toned glossbalm for almost the entire month of June!

4. MAC Powder Blush- 'Well Dressed'
I know many people opt for cream blushes in the summer, but I am just in love with this powder blush shade. This blush is in a statin finish so it isn't very pigmented, but the colour is just to die for. Well Dressed is a light shimmery pink with gold undertones. It gives the perfect healthy, natural glow that is not overpowering or dramatic. The colour is so neutral that it would go with any skin tone. I typically have a light-medium skin tone, but during the summer is is more of a medium-deep. This shade is very buildable, so it is versatile for night and day.

5. L'Oreal Nutri-Sleek Anti-Frizz Serum
I am sure you are all aware, and can speak from personal experience, that humidity= frizzy hair. I have very curly hair which I straighten everyday so I have tried my fair share of ant-frizz products. The L'Oreal Anti-Frizz Serum is the one I found to work best with my hair. It combines argan oil with other active ingredients to prevent frizz, and keep hair looking shiny and healthy. With this product, my hair can withstand humidity, and hold up pretty well in the rain as well! I truly am obsessed with this product, and nothing else I've tried has given me better results.

6. Smith's Rosebud Salve
This is the ultimate all-in-one product! The product packaging states that this can help relive chapped lips and skin, blemishes, burns, cuticles, and soften rough hands. I like to use my Rosebud Salve as a lip balm and cuticle cream but lately i've been using it on my skin after being out in the sun for long periods of time. It smells amazing, and blends colourless into the skin. It doesn't feel greasy and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth for a long period of time! This is an absolute must for the summer months!

For the past month I have been loving all the products listed above! If you have tried any of them, I'd love to hear your opinions, and I'd also love to hear about your favourites from the month of June!

- Amy 





6 comments:

  1. I'm loving the look of that M.A.C blush! I definitely need more blushes...
    I've followed!

    Check out my blog if you have a spare minute please doll.

    Love, Lauren xo

    http://www.pulchritudinousbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out Well Dressed! It looks even better in person. Your blog is great too :)
      - Amy

      Delete
  2. The smashbox duo sounds like such a good idea :)

    Hayfa
    http://chic-and-cliche.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It totally changed my everyday makeup routine for the better!
      - Amy

      Delete
  3. MAC Well Dressed is perfect for summer! Great pics :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete